MISS UNIVERSE FRANCE IRIS MITTENAERE CROWNED MISS UNIVERSE
More than 100 million fan votes helped one lucky contestant advance into the Top 13
Press Conference of the New Miss Universe at Media Center. Miss France, Iris Mittanaere. Blogtalk with MJ Racadio was able to asked the second question for the New Miss Universe.
Manila, Philippines – January 30, 2017 – In front of a global audience, Iris Mittenaere was crowned the new Miss Universe at Mall of Asia Arena in Manila, Philippines. The three-hour special programming event aired live on FOX in the United States.
Iris Mittenaere was born north of France in a town called Lille. Mittenaere has kept herself busy the last 5 years by pursuing her degree in Dental Surgery. Besides dental school, Mittenaere has always been fond of extreme sports, travelling the world and cooking new French dishes. She enjoys making others happy, especially when volunteering at Bienvenue-Tongasoa and Les Bonnes Fées.
Emmy® Award winner Steve Harvey returned to host this year’s competition with model, designer and body activist Ashley Graham as backstage host. Grammy® Award nominee and multi-platinum hip-hop artist Flo Rida and four-time Grammy® Award-winning R&B group Boyz II Men performed.
The judges who helped crown Miss Universe include:
· Cynthia Bailey: Former model and founder of The Bailey Agency School of Fashion, a modeling and fashion school dedicated to helping young women achieve their dreams; current cast member on “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.”
· Mickey Boardman: Editorial Director and advice columnist for PAPER magazine.
· Leila Lopes: First Miss Universe from Angola and former United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for Desertification; currently working with various charitable organizations in Africa.
· Francine LeFrak: Emmy® and Tony® Award-winning producer, social entrepreneur, women’s empowerment activist and founder of Same Sky, an initiative that provides training and employment to HIV+ women survivors of the Rwandan genocide.
· Sushmita Sen: Bollywood actress, philanthropist and champion of women’s rights in India; founder of I AM Foundation; and first-ever Miss Universe from India.
· Dayanara Torres: Former UNICEF ambassador, writer, singer, model, actress and former Miss Universe from Puerto Rico.
Prior to the competition, the Miss Universe celebrity red carpet streamed live on MissUniverse.com. Throughout the live telecast, the newly designed Miss Universe website and official Miss U App delivered exclusive content and highlights. Additionally, the Miss Universe digital backstage lounge provided a unique second-screen experience for viewers around the world to see what happens behind-the-scenes.
With a virtual seat at the judging table, an estimated 100 million votes were tabulated from fans around the world to determine which lucky contestant would advance into the Top 13 at the start of the live broadcast, with millions more voting throughout the competition. Eighty-six women represented their countries in this year’s MISS UNIVERSE® competition, which culminated in Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach crowning her successor. #MissUniverse | #BlogtalkwithMJRacadio | Miss Universe Media Coverage | http://missuniverse.com